Saturday, August 14, 2010

Face in the Mirror

I was rereading my blogs from the week this evening as I was getting ready to post tonight; and something stuck me; I've had sort of a bad attitude this week.  I apologize.  That is not the purpose of my blog or my journey, and it only blocks me from what I need to do.

I have spent the evening reevaluating some of the reasons I am doing this, the purpose of this journey.  (Don't tell hubby, he thinks I was watching the stupid movie he picked out!)   It has been said before, but it is important enough that I need to remind myself.  Ultimately, aside from losing weight, this journey is about learning to love an accept myself for who and what I am.

I have always tried to be the perfect daughter, and failed, the perfect wife (and never thought I quite measured up).  Even though my son loves me, I still think I fall far short in the parenting department.  This is not a pity party.  This is honestly how I feel and what I have always believed.

My solution?  To attempt to 'correct' the issues where I believe I fall short.  This is not for anyone else, just for me.

I have lost more than 46 pounds, that is quite a feat, more than I have ever lost before.  While my exercise is still a bit hit or miss, I am much less a couch potato than I had been in late February.  I have even applied to school so that I can finish my college education and branch out in a new direction, Dietetics!

If I can walk away from coffee, chocolate croissants, ice cream and  all the other foods I used to love, then finishing school should be a breeze!  I am strong enough to do this, I know, now, that i  can do this!

Katie, I'd like you to meet my friend, Katie.  She's a pretty cool person and has been doing some wonderful things to change her life and the lives of those around her.  Have a conversation, I think you may enjoy her!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you'll respect her too! And love her.
    XOX ~a

    ReplyDelete