Sunday, May 30, 2010

The things people say

I have heard some interesting comments from people since I started this journey.  But last night, when we went to the baseball game, I received the most backhanded compliment I have ever heard.  It has entertained me all day so I thought I would share.  We were standing at the front entrance waiting for my brother and his family; there were a ton of people everywhere, when my loving mother announces:  "I was walking behind you when we were coming in from the parking lot and I noticed that you are not as wide as you used to be!"   Where is the gaping hole in the earth when you need one?

Okay, I know she meant well, but talk about timing, not to mention volume!  You should have seen the look on the boy's face, he was trying so hard not to laugh, but he wanted so much just to bust out!

Then this evening, hubby was helping me off the sofa, (I got stuck in the people eating corner), he says "Your getting up and moving around much easier than you were."  Now, while he was much for tactful in his approach, it still sat kinda funny with me.

I'm starting to think that everyone saw me as some sort of female Jabba the Hut or something!  While they are making me feel much better about the person I am becoming, I am  feeling worse and worse about where I was when I started; not only that, if it was THAT bad, why did no one say anything?  It's all very confusing.

Sunday weigh in:

Jabba Jr.:  -.5 lbs - slow and steady wins the race, right?
The boy:  isn't sure, because he doesn't remember what he weighed last week.
Hubby:  +3lbs - (secretly, I am happy about this) but he gets a break because he is working a second job and personally I think a lot of it is a muscle gain.  My baby is getting ripped!

No comments:

Post a Comment