Friday, May 7, 2010

Reflections

We have this mirror at the end of our hallway upstairs.  It's sort of a weird place for a full length mirror, but the hall is rather dark and it does help bounce light around, so once you get used to seeing someone walking toward you when you come out of the restroom in the middle of the night, it's okay.


Yes, there is a point to this ramble.  After chatting with people at the concert last night I happened to pause in front of the mirror on my way to get dressed this morning.  You know, I think someone different is beginning to look back at me!


It's just not the cheekbones that you can actually begin to see, or the fact that I think I lost a chin (thank goodness!).  My skin looks . . . better, more healthy and not so pasty, and my hair has stopped thinning and is much shiner than it was!  I'm thinking it's all the flax seed.  That is some good stuff there!


I thought I was on this journey for one reason:  lose weight = lower blood sugar.  I am so far beyond that point now, I'm not sure I can even see it in the rear view mirror!  I'm planning a place in the back yard to do Tai Chi, and grow herbs and looking at bikes!  I've signed up for a 5K and have gone back to eating a lot more vegetarian than I had before.  


I haven't had a fast food hamburger since February!  I'm seeing progress here folks!  


I think I might actually be proud of myself!  (another first!)

1 comment:

  1. yes, you shine now! : ) ever had a boca burger?? Angie turned me on to them when she came back. I think they are great. (re: statement about burgers in blog)
    xox
    ~a

    ReplyDelete