Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Corner

I have my favorite spot in the living room.  It is in the corner of our sectional where we have a chaise.  Next to it is my end table with all my "stuff" on it, it is rather a comfy, cozy place to be.  I feel safe, secure and happy in my little corner.  My old friend Couch Potato has made it the perfect spot to be.  He irritates me to no end!

I have been making a great effort to spend less and less time in my favorite little corner.  I've been out walking, now I have my awesome new bike.  My boys even went out and got me a jump rope and a hula-hoop!  No reason that exercise has to be boring right?   I think they have decided that as I seem to be a perennial 10 year old, they are just going to go with that and get me exercise "toys", sorta like a puppy or something.

Where am I going with this little ramble?  Motivation.  For a former confirmed former couch potato, how do you stay motivated to keep exercising and resist the lure of the sofa? 

The 5K gave me a goal to work for, I do well with goals,  so we have a couple more planned.  They are posted.  That was such a wonderful day, I am really looking forward to the next one!

The boys got me a bike for my birthday so that we can ride as a family.  The more things we can do together, spend time together, the better we all seem to like it.  Any chance that I can get to spend time with my husband, I'll take it, especially if there is an opportunity for some fun!

We have been out doing yard work and gardening.  That not only helps with the exercise, it makes the yard look nice, makes me happy, as I love my flowers, and keeps us fed, as we are growing some vegetables.  That one is a win on many levels.

I guess the trick is, to find something that you can love and that makes you excited.  If you don't like it, you won't do it.

My corner is empty now more often than not, but in the evening, I still like to settle in and snuggle with my husband, there is no better way to end a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment