Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rediscovery

Hubby was home with a horrible back problem today (no jokes, I didn't do it! [this time]).  I happened to be off so I spent today playing nurse to Mr. Grumpy, he doesn't do well on pain killers.

I spent part of the day rediscovering some of my favorites on the Dtour website and reminding myself why I like the program so much. I had been feeling myself beginning to drift and knew it was a bad omen.

Sometimes I feel like a little kid with a very short attention span.  You know, easily distracted by shiny things.  Except in this case, the shiny objects resemble hamburgers, greasy fries and ice cream.  (Note there is no mention of cake this time!)

I was reminded of how easy the Dtour plan is to follow.  You go online, plug the week in, tweak whatever meals you need to, print out your grocery list and that is pretty much all the thinking you have to do as far as meal planning goes!  It's actually pretty awesome!

Tack on the added benefit of the even blood sugars and we have a home run.  I need to stop being distracted by my sweet tooth.  Do you think I can find a dentist who will remove that for me?  That would make my life lots easier!

Today I am reaffirming to myself and all who are supporting me that I am putting my blinders back on and stepping back on the path of the straight and narrow.  I like feeling better much better than eating all those naughty indulgent things I've been thinking about anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment