Thursday, May 6, 2010

Friends - the best kind of encouragement!

Tonight was the final concert of the year for the band; this particular concert is always a highlight and NOT to be missed.  It meant rushing home, grabbing a sandwich at Subway (plan approved) and flying up to the school, but it was way more than worth it!

It is also a wonderful opportunity to check in with friends you haven't seen in awhile, as everyone shows up for the Collage Concert.  Pretty much everyone I ran into who hadn't seen me in awhile had a compliment or a comment to make about how good I was looking!  I was starting to float on a little cloud!

Then I saw my closest friend, she had come to see Mr. Hormone play.  I was on the balcony when she saw me and I waved to her.  She looked at me and shook her head, indicating that I was to come down to her.  Not thinking anything of it, I left the group I was with and dashed down the stairs to go and greet her.  When I hit the bottom of the stairs, I noticed an evil little smile on her face.  "We can go sit up in the balcony if you want."  She told me.  "I just wanted to you run the stairs and extra time."

I grinned at her (a few months ago I would have been huffing and puffing and calling her names in my head!) and said that was fine, I'd go back up with her.  She grinned back and replied.  "I know, and I'm not going to feel bad about making you go up and down the stairs extra times either!"  Wow!  She really does care!

I stayed on plan, got in a bit of extra exercise, listened to some awesome music and received some much needed feedback from people I care about.  

Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment