Friday, May 14, 2010

Friends

I need to start posting earlier on Therapy Days.  I get home, with a migraine, attempt to eat something and then I am done for the night.  I hate that!  So, here is my late post from last night.

Just a couple more days until the 5K and I am still nervous.  My goal is to just finish.  It looks like they only give the walkers 45 minutes.  I may be the last one across the line, but I intend to cross it.  I have a new secret weapon!

My best friend called me last night to tell me that she signed up for the race.  She has been really busy lately with work and I know she really doesn't have the time or the desire to walk 3.5 miles.  So why is she doing it?  For me!  She is doing it as a way of supporting me.  My friend is going to walk with me.  Everyone else can go on ahead and do their own thing, my wonderful friend will stick by me at whatever pace I set.

I am a lucky woman to have been blessed with such a wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment