Monday, May 10, 2010

5K and nerves

This is the week, the 5K is on Sunday.  I'm actually nervous!  It's been really cold here and not conducive to walking.  Then there is therapy, which gives me a migraine, so there is no walking after that; and this week is a full Band Parent schedule.  This does not leave me a lot of time for last minute prep!  Are these all reasonable or am I making excuses?  Sometimes it's hard for me to tell.

I really want to do this.  I made a commitment, I need to follow through, I want to follow through, I'm just having horrible mental images of collapsing in the middle of the street half way through the walk and then all these little old ladies (70, 80, 90 years old) will just step over me, shaking their heads in disgust as they step briskly on down the road, leaving me laying there like 5K roadkill.

I voiced my concerns to my boys and they immediately leaped to my defense.  The Boy insisted that I can do it and I am awesome!  I guess Mother's Day has been extended!  I did feel much better after talking with them though.  I think they may be right, I can do this!  I've done everything else that I have set out to do in the last few months, so why can't I conquer the 5K?

Sunday, 2PM Kalamazoo, be there!

1 comment: