Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oh, the stupid things I do!

So, I'm sitting at lunch today, eating with some of my co-workers.  We had gotten lunch from a nearby deli and sodas from McDonald's as they have that wonderful $1 any size deal going.  We were having a grand old time until one of the ladies at the table took a drink of her soda and made a face.  She had diet when she should have had regular.   Everyone quickly checked their drinks and guess what?  You betcha, I was the dingbat who had the regular soda! (I thought it tasted funny.)

Now that is not necessarily an all bad thing; unless we remember that the primary reason that the Dtour diet was chosen was because I'm a  . . . what was the term?  . . . .Oh yeah, Diabetic!  
Full sugar soda + Diabetic = Lousy Afternoon

Now, I've done some silly things in the last year - but never, never have I ever done anything that flat out stupid!  My blood sugars went up to 288!  I felt horrible!  My heart was racing, I couldn't focus and I kept running into things (not sure what that last one was about).

I'm wondering if this little episode was the good Lord's gentle reminder that I am not supposed to even be drinking soda - even if it is diet.  God seems to use the 2x4 method of education where I am concerned.  It does seem to get the point across.
So, no soda for Katie.  If I keep this up, I won't be able to drink anything except water, or eat anything except artichokes and flaxseed. 

Okay, it's not that bad, but I really don't want to give up soda, I like Diet Pepsi.  I hate the way I felt this afternoon, but I do like Diet Pepsi.
So I guess the real question is - Do I like soda as much as I like breathing?

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    Just have soda when you have direct control of what you are having. Maybe not as often as you would like but once a week or something.

    Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete