Thursday, May 20, 2010

Myron Strikes Again

Okay, I guess this plateau thing was/is bothering me more than I thought it was.  I was having a difficult time waking up this morning (like that's any different from any other morning?); so I swung through Starbucks on my way into work.

I have my Latte down to a science so I know it is exactly 1 carb and there is no sugar at all in it.  Somehow, Myron must have taken over my body, because as I was ordering my coffee, I heard this voice (was that really mine!?) ordering a banana chocolate chip coffee cake , it is low-fat - but, I mean, really!

I pulled ahead and began to have a conversation with myself.  "I can just tell the girl up front that I was having a "moment" and I can't really have the cake.  She's a female, she'll understand, right?"

"Exactly, I told myself, all females understand the momentary weakness that is the call of chocolate and sweets, she'll take it off the bill and give you your coffee and it will be fine."

I pulled up to the window, confidant that my blunder could be easily fixed.  I rolled down my window and smiled up at  . . . . the young college GUY who was there to take my money and hand me my coffee cake and coffee.  Guys don't understand the "moment" thing.  What was I going to do now?

Gritting my teeth, I handed over my money and took the now offensive bag containing the coffee cake (that smelled heavenly) and drove on to work.  What was I going to do now?  If I had to smell that cake for another 30 seconds I was going to eat it?  Why do I do these stupid things?  I know better!  Really I do!  Do I enjoy torturing myself?  I must, because now I'm sitting in the car with a fresh cup of coffee and wonderfully smelling coffee cake that was begging to be eaten.

I pulled into the parking lot, and there to my immense relief was the answer to a prayer.  Our cleaning lady was there!  I leaped out of the car and said "You have to help me!"  I had to have sounded a bit frantic because she immediately said.  "Sure, whatever you need.  What can I do?"

I shoved the bag in her hand and said.  "Eat this, PLEASE!!!"  I ran up the steps to unlock the door.  "Just keep it away from me!"

She shook her head laughing,  "You are so funny!  Thanks, I missed breakfast this morning."

Crisis averted.  I'm still blaming Myron!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that you made it through that temptation with nothing but the smell of the cake. That is insanely awesome. ~a

    ReplyDelete