Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Plateaus - the big beat down

I cheated.  I stepped on the scale in the middle of the week to 'peek'.  I know, I'm not supposed to, but I couldn't help it.  I'm getting to my wits end with this plateau I seem to be stuck on.  I didn't sign up for this campaign to sit on a plateau and stagnate!   That is NOT the plan!  You would think my body would understand that by now.

Someone made a comment in a response to my post yesterday about "switching up" the diet a bit.  I've been thinking about that all evening.  Maybe I need to shake things up a bit.  I can increase and vary the exercise.  I have a birthday coming up, and if the birthday bird has been paying attention, there is a new bike in my future, that should help shake things up a bit.  Provided it arrives.  If not, I know something else wonderful will be there instead.  My family won't let me down.

I believe that I'm going to go back and hit the books and see what I can come up with as far as shaking up the Dtour diet a bit.  Perhaps I need to go back and revisit the 2-week fast start again, or re-look at the menus and see what I can cut or do with them.

Down, but never defeated.  I'll come up with a new plan and share with all of you!!

2 comments:

  1. I've gotta get your book back to you.. but if I recall, it seems like it was stressing the idea of 'mixing it up' a bit so that your body can't settle into a plateau rut or something. As if being consistent lets it get used to your routine somehow?? I guess I'm not explaining it well, but I'm sure you'll find it in there.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have multiple copies of the book, darlin'. You are fine! Use the book as long as you need to!

    ReplyDelete