Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday

It's Friday!  Friday around here means one thing, burritos!  I got to thinking tonight as I was putting the burritos together how much things have changed in the last few months around here.  Our favorite meal is the best example I can think of.

I married a Southern California boy.  Early on in our marriage, I started making wet burritos for him about once a week.  Just a way to make him feel at home here in Michigan.  While he had had lots of burritos in his life, he'd never had a "wet" burrito until he met me.  He's a convert now.  Somehow, this nice thing I did has grown into one of those family traditions.  Friday night is burrito night.

Here are the changes that have been made to our traditional meal since we started on Dtour.  The meat is now 93/7 if we can find it, no more fatty meat in this household!  The overall size of the individual burritos has decreased by about 40%, and no one has died of starvation yet.  We use only fat free refried beans now.  The cheese and sour cream are low-fat, sorry, I can't do the fat free (they are just plain gross).  Everyone gets less sauce on their burritos as well.

You see, it really is easy to "make over" your regular meals.  Add a few more veggies and we'd have a home run!  We try to make a game of it.  Try it.  See who can come up with the best and least expensive way to make over a favorite meal.  It doesn't have to be hard, boring work.  We try to make a game out of it!  (I think that is because we are just 3 little kids at heart, but it works for us).

Two more days to the 5K.  I am getting a tremendous amount of support from all of my friends and loved ones!  It warms my heart and gives me a huge boost of confidence to know that so many people have so much faith in me.  I am determined not to let anyone down!  If I have to cross the finish line on all fours, that is how I'll cross it, but I will cross it!

Until tomorrow. . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment