Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hard, Again

One of the weird things about migraines, is that after awhile, your body (head) reacts oddly to certain things.  Take my physical therapy for example.  Apparently part of the reason that my elbow hurts and my hand goes numb and limp is that certain muscles, tendons, and nerves in my neck and shoulder are messed up.  I know, I'm wired weirdly too!  One of the ways that they "fix" this is to manipulate my neck and shoulder during therapy to help loosen those muscles and tendons.  Now, this bizarre sounding method is actually working.  The down side is that I come home from physical therapy with a migraine and am forced in a dark room with drugs for the duration.

What does this have to do with Dtour and my weight loss?  Nothing except that it is compounding an already difficult situation.  I am having a very difficult week (and it's only Tuesday - Oh joy!)  This week, I don't want to be careful about what I eat, I don't want to watch my carbs, or my fat intake or my blood sugar levels for that matter!  This week, at this very moment, I resent the whole damn thing!

Why am I writing this all down?  Shouldn't this be a forum where I am to be supportive and happy and encouraging?  Yeah, not this week!  Who would buy that all the time anyway?  I sure wouldn't.  I'd much rather hear from someone who says:  "This is hard!  This is a pain in the neck and I don't want to do it!"

I'm going to do it, because I made a commitment and I don't want to let myself or anyone else down - besides, the birthday cake fiasco is still fresh in my memoryBut right now, right this minute, I don't want to do this anymore.

Okay, pity party over.  Back to work.  Time to go plan menus for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Rock On Girl. Real is so much easier to believe in!!
    xox
    ~a

    ReplyDelete