Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day and More

Housekeeping out of the way first, even if it's Mother's Day, it's still Sunday, and Sunday means weigh in;  however we have experienced what I believe is a technical difficulty.  I have come to the conclusion that our scale is broken!  Stupid thing!

Me:  Stayed the same.  :(
Wonderful Hubby:  +1 lb.
The Boy:  We don't know.  He was so busy making me breakfast in bed, he forgot to weigh in.  We will forgive him this week, especially because breakfast was AWESOME!!!

Food is love.  No matter what sort of eating regime you are on, food is and will always be a way for us to express love and comfort to those we care about.  

Case in point is what my wonderful son did for me today.  I was greeted with coffee and breakfast in bed!  The Boy actually figured out how to "Dtour" my favorite breakfast of all time Eggs Benedict!  It was wonderful and only 1 carb!!

The present that came with my very thoughtful and lovely card was a stainless steel water bottle for me to use when I walk!  He spent the day with me and then made his specialty for dinner, lasagna.  I went to the store with him and watched in amazement as he searched for ingredients that were low-fat, low-carb, and no sugar.  He even found a mousse mix that was 1 carb and sugarfree (it was really good!)  

I was stunned by the depth of caring and sensitivity he showed today.  Everything he did was to demonstrate how much he loved and cared about me.  Not only me, but about our new eating plan and what we are trying to do as a family.  He not only picked out some of my favorite meals, he made sure that the way they were prepared was on plan!  He sat down and figured out how to "Dtour" my favorite recipes!  That takes a lot of thought, time, and some research online.  Nothing could make me feel more special!

Food is love.  I am loved and cared for by a son who is determined to help me stay around for a very long time.  What more wonderful gift could a mother ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Katie you are very blessed and loved. What a sweet post to read. I am rooting for you all the way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete