Monday, April 5, 2010

Strength in Numbers

I have discovered the secret to successfully sticking to a new eating plan.  A support system.  A good one!  With many people willing to tell you no!

Something went wrong today; very, very, wrong; and I was horribly upset.  Of course, my first reaction was "Is there any chocolate in the house?"  To which my wonderful husband said.  "No, and I'm not getting you any either."   I even tried the pout!  Can you believe that the pout didn't work?  The pout always works!  He gave me a hug and we dealt with the latest drama together.

Later in the evening, Hubby presented me with my snack for the evening; chocolate ice cream (all on plan!)  

I am beginning to learn that I don't need chocolate, sweets, bread, or any sort of food to make me feel better.  All I need is my family and my own strength.

Pretty cool, huh?


1 comment:

  1. yes, pretty cool. : ) enjoying the stuff in the book about Vitamin D and the sun. We're kinda like plants needing sun for photosynthesis, aren't we? isn't that a kick!

    ReplyDelete