Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shopping Adventure

Shopping is not my favorite things, never has been.  Unless of course we are shopping for books, then I am yours for the day!  Grocery shopping is definately on my list of unhappy things to do.  It ranks right up there with clothes and shoe shopping.  Have you ever tried to buy "professional" shoes when you wear a children's size shoe?  Dress shoes with butterflies, flowers, and Hannah Montanya do not go over well in a professional office environment.

Anyway . . .I keep reading about these "super foods"  Quinoa (KEEN-wa) and Aduki beans (added benefit is that they are just fun words to say!).  Suprise, suprise, you can not find these things on the shelves at Wal-mart or Meijer - imagine that!  So off to the Health Food Store we went.  Yes, I did say Health Food Store, you can stop laughing now.


We have a small shop in our town so we walked down to see what they had.  Sure enough they had both items.  Thoroughly excited (I know, I'm getting weirder by the day) we got packages of both and continued to snoop around.  Have you ever seen these places?  They are way cool!  They even had hemp seeds - apparently they are really good for you.  I have to wonder though, if you eat some of these seeds and then have to take a drug test, do they show up?  And if they do, would anyone believe that you were eating it and not smoking it?

We had to leave before I put us in the poor house.  I'm not kidding; they even had pasta made from artichokes!  How cool is that!  That may possibly qualify as one of the world's most perfect foods!  That is definitely on the must try list!

Tonight's dinner was a veggie and Quinoa casserole.  It was AWESOME!!!!  Two thumbs up from everyone at the table!  I am loving this experimenting stuff!

This new eating regime has forced me out of my comfort zone.  I am so far out of that zone that I can not even see it in the rear view mirror!  And you know what?  I am loving every minute of it!  I'm exercising, taking my lunch to work everyday, eating cooked vegetables and learning things about myself that I never new.

I'm becoming a new and improved me, a happy and healthy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment