Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did ya ever notice . . .

Did you ever notice how when you are focused on one thing in your life, you become hyper-aware of of what others are doing in the same area?

Every time I'm in the grocery store now I can't help but notice what other people have in their carts.  I can not believe how people eat!  I walk by families with carts loaded to overflowing with brightly colored packages of processed, crappy, fat and cholesterol laden food and sugar-packed sodas, yet there are no fresh fruits or vegetables to be found.

I'm not judging these people, I am truly just shocked and appalled at what they are feeding themselves and their families.  Even when I was 'being naughty' our cart never looked like that.  I am just confused.

With all of the news reports on obesity and childhood obesity and Diabetes, how can people continue to eat this way?  How can the food manufacturers continue to produce this crap?

I'm not trying to accuse anyone, I'm just making an observation.  I have become hyper-aware lately.  Next time you go to the market, look at what people have in their carts.

For that matter, look who is in line at the ice cream stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment