Thursday, April 22, 2010

Deep Thoughts

For reasons that I can't figure out, I have been really down and depressed this week.  I've been crying and feeling almost despondent.  I should still be floating on cloud 9 after my enormous loss from last week, so what is going on?

A friend suggested to me today that as as emotional eater (as most women are), my eating, and hence my weight is brought on by emotional 'trauma' or stressors.  When I start shedding the weight, am I not, on some level, worried that what I am attempting to bury under food may escape as I lose the weight?

I've been thinking about that all day today.  I'm wondering how much merit there may be in that thought.  I have now passed the point where I usually bail.  I have made a conscious decision to not fall back into former bad patterns.  We are shifting our entire life and habits around to ensure things are forever different.

Where will the insercurity hide now?  If not behind ice cream, cake, cookies, sweets, and layers of fat, where?

This merits some lengthy thought. 

1 comment:

  1. is it likely that, if you weren't following dtour now, that you would still be having weeks now and then when you feel depressed or despondent? maybe dtour doesn't have to fix that. maybe its just there, something that comes down the pike every now and then. it would be nice if dtour or something else could fix it, but it is still very powerful to be able to recognize that emotional slump as a feeling, not a conclusion. it may represent or point out some real issues, but it certainly isn't the main event or the conclusion. its just passing through. and there may be no need to hope it never passes through again, cause it will, won't it? but it doesn't rule. it may even rule the moment sometimes, but take comfort in knowing that it doesn't rule the big picture. Ha! It doesn't rule the Empresses!!

    ReplyDelete