Sunday, April 18, 2010

Floating

First of all, I want to thank everyone for all of the support and well wishes!  I can not tell you all enough how much your support helps  and spurs me on!

Today has been an interesting day.  I have sort of been floating through it.  I have actually weighed myself a couple of different times, not actually believing the loss of this past week!

Like everyone else I have done the diet roller coaster so many times I have lost count.  I hate roller coasters by the way.  Evil devices, could have been used as Medieval  instruments of torture if you ask me.  Oops,there I go digressing again.  Okay, back on track.  Diets, right.  I have tried them all.  Hated them all.  I have so many different sizes of clothes, I could open my own (albeit very small) boutique!

This time is different.  This time is no diet.  This time is about true change.  There is none of the "I'll eat this for now until the weight is gone."  The new motto around this household is:  "We're embracing our new lifesyle and learning new eating habits!"  There is no going back.  None of us want to.

Hormonal son and I drove by the Ice Cream stand today, it didn't even look good.  I have low-fat Bryer's at home that I can have in my pretty small bowls twice a week as a special treat with my favorite shows.  Stopping at the ice cream stand for an artificial ice cream in a cardboard cone, dipped in waxy chocolate can not possibly compare to that!

My first big weight goal was lose 10% my body weight.  I have had that goal for about a year now.  I have failed at every other attempt.  This time I believe I will reach it quickly.  As of today I am at 7%.

I guess what I am really saying is that to be honest, at the begining of this journey, I thought we my family and I were undertaking the impossible.  So did my family.  I took a poll.  They were, as always, going to stick with me as long as I wanted to to this, then when I got bored or it got hard, go back to whatever I wanted to do.  They love me, and didn't know what else to do.

TOTAL TRANSFORMATION
That was my greeting on my Dtour home page this morning when I pulled it up to log my weight and measurements.  I've been thinking about that all day.  In 57 days this whole family has transformed not only the way we eat, but the way we think, the way we feel, and the way we veiw the world.  We are participating in a 5K in less than a month!  My husband had a second helping of fish for dinner last night!  I ate a huge platefull of cooked vegetables tonight for dinner and my son has cut down drasticlly on the amount of sugary sodas that he drinks and is being very careful about what he puts in his body now!
That is a Total Transformation.  Thank you Dtour!

(Watch out Myron, your going down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment