Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Flaxseed - God's gift to "large" people everywhere

Today was a migraine day.  Which means, I also had a major chocolate attack.  Surprisingly, I haven't had too many of those.  Odd for this confirmed chocoholic.  Do you want to know what the secret is?

Flaxseed.  No lie.  Flaxseed is the answer.  It is like this super duper miracle food that is perhaps one of the greatest gifts mankind was ever given.  Remember that manna that fell from the sky and fed all those people who were wandering in the desert?  Flaxseed; I'm sure of it!  (You would have thought someone would have brought a map, but that is a conversation for another day!)

Anyway, 2 Tablespoons of Flaxseed per day helps cut the cravings!  I kid you not!  I do not joke about these things.  (Well, not any more anyway.)  A friend of mine from High School told me about it and then one Sunday I was watching my weekly D-life show.  That is a weekly program for Diabetics that has lots of super good information and fun recipes!  Anyway, this one week they were talking to people who had lived with Diabetes for  a long time.  One of the people interviewed was a 96 year old gentleman that had been diagnosed in his early 30's!  Can you believe that?  This dude was  still going strong and competing in some Senior Citizen Olympic thing!  He claimed that it was due to the fact that he ate 2 tablespoons of Flaxseed every morning!

Then I got my hands on Gillian McKeith's books and she says that Flaxseed is really high in Omega 3's (something my High School buddy also told me).  If you don't know what Omega 3's are, they are the GOOD fatty acids that help clean your veins.  Think of them as scrubbing bubbles for your circulatory system!

Long story short, I didn't have my Flaxseed this morning due to the stupid migraine.  Lesson learned for the day:
NO FLAXSEED = CHOCOLATE & SWEET CRAVINGS!
I am never running out of the stuff again!  It is worth it's weight in gold!  If you don't have some go get some now.  Run, do not walk, to the grocery store and do not leave until you have your little box of magic!

I wonder if I can grow it?  Hmmm . . . there was a seed catalog around here somewhere. . . .

1 comment:

  1. scrubbing bubbles! lol, what a visual riot! ~a

    ReplyDelete