Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another small victory

Today is my mom's birthday!  Happy Birthday Mom!  As any good and loving daughter does, we took her out to dinner for her birthday.  Nothing fancy or big (that's for later) just a nice birthday dinner out to celebrate her 29th birthday!

Problem was, the menu.  There was nothing really there that I could choose.   Yes, I could have ordered a salad.  However, I've had their salads before and frankly, I don't want to pay $10.00 for some browning iceberg lettuce with a few cucumber slices and some carrot shreds on it, I'd have to have everything else removed, and who wants to do that?

I stared at the menu until I began to make myself crazy.  It is no good, this is never going to work if I am going to make myself insane or take favorite family haunts off the table.  I took a deep breath, ordered something I truly love, asked for a few modifications and made sure I only ate about half of it.  I have also learned that if I eat slower, I eat less overall.

I was even able to encourage my mother and Mr. Hormonal to have dessert and I was not bothered in the least when it came to the table and all I had in front of me was a glass of Iced Tea (no Long Island involved!).

So, lets tally this up:  Dinner out - check.  Ordering healthy - half a check.  Passing on dessert - check.  No alcohol - check.  Enjoyable evening out - priceless!

By gosh, I think I may be getting the hang of this; and all it is going to cost me is an extra walk in the sun, I can handle that!

No comments:

Post a Comment