Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Honeymoon

This is hard.  Very difficult, taxing, hard work.  I think the honeymoon period is over.  You know, the part when you first start a new endeavor and the whole thing seems very exciting and shiny and new!  You can't wait to start and see what is going to happen!  Then when you get positive results, you plow on ahead, confidant in what you are doing, knowing that you are on the right course.  That honeymoon period.

The last couple of days have just been difficult.  I looked at a salad I was eating and all I saw was a bowl full of chocolate truffles!  Needless to say, I was terribly disappointed when I took the next bite!  

I miss my old comfort foods, especially when I am feeling a bit down and blue.  My first reaction was to head for the chocolate isle, and truth be told, I actually headed that way.  I stood there for a moment and looked down the isle at all the brightly wrapped packages.  Then, before I took that first step, I turned and made my way to the veggie isle.

The honeymoon period was fun and wonderful.  Now it is a bit difficult, I am sure that just like the honeymoon, this too shall pass.

I'm not on a diet.  A diet has an end in site.  I am on a new life path.  The changes in eating and exercise are only the first steps.  

The honeymoon is over, but my new life has only begun.

1 comment:

  1. did you guys ever do the "Five Love Languages" thing? there's a chapter that explains the whole honeymoon euphoria thing so well, and about how building a REAL relationship takes time once the endorphins (SP) wear off. seems to apply well here too. its a great chapter for any kids BEFORE they even fall in love, to help them understand the biological process. ~a

    ReplyDelete