Sunday, April 4, 2010

Not only is it Easter . . . It's Weigh in Day!!!

Not even a holy day can stop weigh in day! Here are the results:
Me: -4.5 lbs and 2 more inches off my waist!
"The Boy": -.5 lbs and 1 inch off his waist
Amazingly wonderful Hubby: +.5 lbs (Aaawwww poor darling.)  Now, mind you, my husband takes the term pencil neck geek to a whole new level - he has a pencil body!

There was no candy in our house today.  The Boy had no Easter basket, but we did get him a couple of books this weekend.  Bless his heart, he was okay with it.  My brother and his family were down for the day and I requested that the kids not bring any of their candy down, I was feeling strong, but not that strong.
The whole day was a resounding success!  The veggie loaded table went over pretty well, I even heard some of the kids giggling as they were eating the artichokes!  I held out against the cherry and apple pies as well!  Everyone around me was chowing down on pie and all I could think of was - "Look at all those carbs."  It didn't even look good to me anymore!  Yea me!

As they were getting ready to leave, my youngest nephew gave me a hug and said.  You look pretty Auntie Katie, I'm proud of you!  I almost cried.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Dtour book loaner. : ) ~a

    ReplyDelete