Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chocolate - Post #2

In a bit of an ironic turn, especially in light of yesterday's post, I opened up CNN this morning to see this headline staring at me:

Study: Chocolate and Depression Go Hand in Hand

Now, CNN had gotten this information from the wonderful folks at Health.com so I went directly to the source to get the low down.  Can our favorite go to food really cause us to feel low?  It seems no one seems to know:
It’s unclear, however, whether depressed people eat more chocolate simply because they crave it, or whether chocolate consumption itself somehow contributes to a depressed mood.
Okay, so no help there,  what can we do when we are feeling down?  What do we do when we are struck with these almost uncontrollable cravings?
We need to figure this out!  Let's be honest here, THIS is what causes us all to fall down.  It's not the "big event", or the stubbornly stuck scale number (this is easily cured with the purchase of a new scale, I don't care what anyone says - the dumb thing really IS broken!).

Our real foe is 3:00 PM, isn't that the time it strikes?  We want sweet, we want chocolate and who has the stamina to resist the "witching hour"?  We need a plan!

Okay!  New project!  (Because I haven't assigned myself enough of them yet!)  On Sunday's post I'll have some wonderful new 3:00 Chocolate buster snack ideas!

Start burning up the email and comments folks!  I'll need some help here!

1 comment:

  1. I have fallen in love with the walnut/dried fruit combo. Who needs chocolate?

    ReplyDelete