Friday, October 1, 2010

The Return and Dethroning of the Empress

For those of you that have been following along for awhile, you may remember that in July I dubbed myself The Empress of Justification.  One of my goals has been to dethrone her.  Guess what?  The Empress decided to attempt a coup this week.

Regarding what?  Well, what is my biggest road block in this journey?  No, not cake and ice cream! (Although they run a close second.)  EXERCISE!!!

This morning when hubby woke me up, I told him that I was thinking about skipping the gym today.  When he asked why I said I would have to take 2 changes of clothes with me and I didn't want to do that.  Work clothing and something to change into for the homecoming game tonight.

Even saying it out loud sounded totally stupid.  (It had really sounded better in my head!)  Hubby looked at me and said "Honey, get out of bed and get ready and go.  You are making excuses again and you cannot do that."

I hate it when he is right!  I missed the gym twice this week due to migraines.  Which is a legitimate reason to not go.  It's hard to exercise when every step makes you want to die and every sound is like  a cannon going off in your head.

But not wanting to take clothes along?  Man did that sound lame!  

The Empress of Justification will now be concluding this entry getting in the little yellow bug and heading for the gym!

NICE TRY COUCH POTATO AND MYRON ~  I WIN!!!

2 comments:

  1. you are doing so awesome, sweetheart!!!! good for you!! I'm proud of ya. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I couldn't do it without all the support!

    ReplyDelete