Sunday, October 17, 2010

Whirlwind Day

Yesterday was a very long day, although it seemed to fly by.  We had the Step Out walk in the morning and a big Band Competition in the evening.  We sort of flew from one event to the other, barely having time to take anything in.

In contrast, today was a very quiet family day.  We really did nothing except hang around the house and spend the day together.  Having a little bit of time to reflect on yesterday, I am moved and touched by how amazing the day, and my family are.

The walk was a family affair.  We did the entire walk together, laughing and joking our way down the trail.  About half way thorough, I had the thought that they didn't have to be there.  I was determined to do the walk, but no one was forcing the rest of the family to be there on that incredibly chilly morning.  Yet, there they were, by my side, supporting me.  Exactly where they have been since the beginning.

At the Band Competition, we were all up in the stands, and were even joined by my brother and his family; everyone there to cheer The Boy on!  Exactly where we have been since the beginning.

This morning, when I got on the scale and realized that the scale was, once again, stuck on the same number from the previous week, frustration began to boil in my stomach.  I seem to have hit a plateau and have been unable to move the needle downward.

When I reported that to the boys, they immediately began to help me strategize what needed to be changed and fixed to get over this hump.  

The solution?  We are going to go back to the beginning.  I'm going to do the 2-week fast start part of the Dtour diet over again.  Hopefully, that will help me kick my system back into the weight loss mode, I need it in.

Between that and the gym, I think I can do this.  My goal is to be under 200 pounds by Thanksgiving.  Of course then I have that big meal to get past, so is this really a good plan???

2 comments:

  1. i was concerned about how you were gonna keep your sugar level 'level' with that sort of schedule Saturday. sounds like you must have done it. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned it is all about pre-planning. Spontaneous me has had to learn to plan, very carefully!

    ReplyDelete