Saturday, October 16, 2010

Step Out!


What an amazing morning!  The walk was so exciting and affirming!  The air was crisp (okay it was freaking cold!), the sky was clear and the sun was shining.

There were about 200 people, all there to support the American Diabetes Association and those individuals who live with Diabetes.


We were a small team, but we had a lot of fun.  The course was beautiful, it was a trail through a local park, so much better than walking down a busy street!


The Boy was in fine form; he was goofing around and high fiving everyone who would put their hand up.  His father was even able to get a photo of him doing a Bay Watch imitation!  The picture is good, but no where near as comical as the real thing!


As you may remember, the first 5K we walked I had a difficult time.  While I finished, it took everything I had to make it to the end of the course.  Today was a far different animal!  I wasn't huffing and puffing my way through the walk.  I was able to laugh and joke around with my companions, and best of all . . .I didn't want to get sick at the end!!


It is wonderful experiences like today that remind me why I am doing this.  It makes all the sacrifices and determination worth it.  I briskly walked 3 miles today and loved every minute of it!!  Attempting to do something like this would never have even crossed my mind a year ago!  Wow!  How many years have I lost out on?


We are on again next year!  I am pumped up and ready to go!!  I am hoping that more people will join us next year and share this amazing experience!  It is a morning you will not soon forget!


2 comments:

  1. great post.. how encouraging to be able to notice such a difference in what it took to do this since the last one. will you sprint the whole time next year? pic of your Grandpa was a special neat touch. thank you.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete