Saturday, October 2, 2010

Homecoming

Tonight was the Homecoming Dance at school.  The Boy had a date!  His first real dress up and take a girl out thing!  I helped tie his tie, sent him out the door with the usual reminders about behavior and started to think.

These are the wonderful moments in life, these are the things that should not be missed.

What a wonderful reminder of why I am on this journey.  I don't want to miss any of these moments.  My little boy is all grown up and taking girls out on  dates.  Where did the time go?

Tonight is so much better than ice cream or cake.  How could any food, any sweet or anything be better than this?

I just hope he remembers his manners. . . .

2 comments:

  1. how'd it go???? ;)
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have been so proud! He was a perfect gentleman and they both had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete