Friday, October 29, 2010

Hollween Nightmares

I was trying to figure out the scariest thing I could be for Halloween.  This morning I figured out the most terrifying thing I could be. . . .a scale!  Think about it, what strikes fear into the heart of most adults?  You got it, weigh in.

Think about it, I could go out Trick or Treating dressed as a scale.  All the adults would be terrified and the kids would just think I was weird.  It's perfect!

Seriously though, I have come to believe that my scale is sentient.  I am not being paranoid, I seriously think it isNot only is it alive, it has an awful sense of humor and it loves to mess with me.  One day I'm up a pound, next day it's down 2, after that three pounds magically disappear.  I'm telling you, it's evil and it hates me.

I read an article in one of my Prevention magazines that talked about ways to help in weight loss  One of them was to weigh yourself daily (as opposed to weekly).  The idea being that you have the ability to correct small errors and fluctuations quicklyI thought I'd try it this week and see if it made any difference.

Boy did it ever!  I'm having nightmares of giant scales chasing me down a cupcake filled hallway and I have been hesitant to get up this week because it means stepping on the scale.  Seriously, this was a horrible idea!

Back to weekly weigh ins for this girl, and maybe I should go shopping for a scale that doesn't have such an evil sense of humor.  Anyone know where I can get a non-sentient scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment