Friday, October 8, 2010

Choices and Changes

I've been thinking all day about how much my life has changed in the last few months.  I'm down sixty pound, I've been in one 5K and am doing another next weekend.

I've joined a gym and am getting up early in the morning to go exercise.  How weird is that?

Now, I am able to move forward with the plan to go back to school.  A truly terrifying prospect to me.

All this has happened because I made a choice.  One solitary, simple choiceI chose to not let Diabetes control my life, and death.  I made a choice to stop whining and do what had to be done to take care of myself and my family.

It sounds so simple when you say it like that.  It's just a choice.  

It's not simple and it is far from easy.  This is the most difficult thing I have ever done.  But now, each morning, I get up with the knowledge that I am stronger than my sweet tooth.  I can outsmart the ice cream stand, and I can stand up to my cravings for all things bread and starch.

Some days are good days, and some days are not so good.  But I know that I have made it this far, I can go the distance.

I have to wonder though, what will I come up with next?

1 comment: