Monday, October 4, 2010

New Recipe attempt

Last night on D-Life, Chef Michel Nischan made a casserole, Cheesy Beef Casserole.  It sounded really good and just perfect for a chilly fall evening where everyone arrives home at a different time.
I was first home, so I put everything together and popped it in the oven.  It looked good and smelled wonderful.  I was excited to taste it.
I should have thought things through better.  Too many onions (shallots) for me.  Thumbs down.

The Boy got home from work and scooped his portion out.  His rating?  4 out of 10; not the highest ratings ever.
Then it was hubby's turn to try it.  He seemed to like it.  His score:  8.  (But his rating is skewed  because he was really hungry.)

Final rating?  Not a do over.  Which is really a bummer because Chef Nischan is usually right on target.

Being perverse, I got back on the scale this morning.  I don't know why I do these things.  I think I like to torture myself.  Luckily for my sanity, the dumb thing decided to work and I was down 1 lb.
Maybe I won't trash it after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment