Thursday, October 28, 2010

Waking Up

You all know that I can be a bit impulsive.  Personally, I think that is what makes me, me.  Over the years I have learned to temper the impulsive behavior.  Apparently when you grow up and become a parent, you are supposed to be level-headed, rational, and scheduled, leaving no time for unplanned fun.  Well, I guess one out of three isn't too bad.

Back to the point.  In order to prepare for my placement test on Monday, The Boy has been tutoring me in Algebra.  This evening, we decided that we needed a book of some sort to work from.  I jumped online and checked out the Algebra for Dummies book.  I've always felt like a Dummy when I attempt Algebra, so it seemed a natural choice.

It was in at B&N, so we grabbed the car keys and headed off to town.  We found an entire shelf of books and The Boy spent some time choosing exactly the right one.

As I was standing there, it suddenly dawned on me that I am going back to college.  Weird.  Actually, most of the last year could be termed as weird in my life..

What started out as a simple change of eating plan has turned into an entire new life.  I'm not even sure if I remotely resemble the person I was a year ago.

The me I am now is very happy about that.  I feel as if part of my personality was dormant and has suddenly begun to wake up.  It's a glorious feeling!

Every day is a new adventure instead of the same frustrating routine.  Maybe the princess inside of me is related to Sleeping Beauty and changing my life is the equivalent of being kissed by a prince.

I'm going to have to give this some thought; it's an interesting phenomenon

1 comment: