Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bands and Burgers

Went to The Boy's marching competition today.  Weather was beautiful, temperature was balmy, and there was a nice breeze blowing through the stands.

The Boy's band won Grand Champion after an amazing performance.  No one could have asked for a more perfect day.

Then came dinner.  The buses stopped at McDonald's and Burger King (they are next to each other).  I figured that since I've been doing so well, that finding something to eat would not be a problem.

I ordered a Whopper Jr. with no mayo and no cheese, and a side salad.  I thought I did very well.  I didn't order fries or even a chocolate shake! (A feat that shows incredible restraint on my part.)

I knew things had gone awry as we were getting ready to leave the restaurant.  I couldn't have received the message any louder if my stomach was gifted with speech and yelled "Hey dummy!  What do you thing you're doing?!  We don't take that crap down here!"

How is it that a simple little burger can be transformed into solid cement simply by chewing and swallowing?

Note to self:  No more fast food burgers, no matter what the circumstances are!

No comments:

Post a Comment