Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weigh In?

Today's weigh in was postponed due to the stupidity of the vicious little machine the resides in the bathroom.  I will try it again when the scale is behaving itself!

Confession time.  I was very bad about going to the gym last week.  I was fighting some bug, or flu or something.  
Now, previous to this little adventure of mine, Not going last week would have been an excuse to stop going all together.  I would have used that and the fact that it's hard getting up early and all the extra prep required to stop going.

It would also have been a wonderful reason to beat up on myself and tell myself that I was a failure and was never going to be able to lose the weight or change my habits.  I used to be very good at that sort of thing.

Not anymore.  That Katie is gone forever.  Tomorrow morning, I will get up early, pack my things and head off to the gym.  I messed up, it's not the first time, and it won't be the last.  But I am through beating on myself for such things.  After all this time I have finally realized that berating myself and compounding an already bad situation worse is not the way to get anywhere.

Apparently I am a slow learner; but give me time and I will get there.

Next week is the Step Out walk!  I have a 5K to walk in a week!  I will be at that gym every single morning this week to ensure that Saturday goes well.

Remember, if you want to join us and walk that day, click on the link and join Team Freedom!  If you can't walk, but want to support us, you can click on the link and donate to the cause and the team and be a virtual walker!

One step at a time.  That is how we will cure diabetes and how I will lose this weight!  One step at a time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment