Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Recipe Night Part Doux

So I received an email from Prevention yesterday.  Love those people!  This one was a new recipe, okay two recipes:

Mustard- and Brown Sugar- Rubbed Salmon

and
 Asian Cucumber Salad

They combined into the most amazing meal we have had in awhile!  And they were pretty too!   Check out the photo!

Hubby is not a big fish lover which has been a bit of a glitch with the Dtour program.  So, I am always looking for a fish (especially salmon) recipe that he will like.  He took a bite of this and closed his eyes and smiled.  I knew it was a huge hit!  

While the rub is sweet with the sugar, it has a bite that gets you at the finish which pairs beautifully with the bite in the salad.  It was one of the most incredible salads you have ever tasted.  How can you go wrong with basil?  You can never have enough basil.  I think that may be my new mantra.

It was fast too!  We threw the whole thing together in under a half hour!  Hubby and I got to play in the kitchen together then we all sat down to a very pretty and tasty meal; not to mention that it fell right into our Dtour guidelines!  You can't get more perfect than that.

I am putting the links for both recipes on for everyone.  Let me know how you all like it!! 

Mustard and Brown Sugar Rubbed Salmon 
Asian Cucumber Salad

1 comment: