Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Chocolate Chicken

We all have those family stories of meals we wish we could forget.  They become 'in jokes' after the fact that bring smiles every time they are mentioned.  A few years ago, The Boy and I attempted a new chicken recipe that had feta cheese and a bunch of other ingredients that should have all gone togetherWe had eaten all the ingredients in the same meal before, so combining them in the same dish seemed like a logical next step. . . WRONG!!!!  I have never been known as the most logical person in the world.  It was hideous!  The Boy and I ended up eating peanut butter that night.  Hubby was brave enough to eat it, well some of it, he was starving and he has an iron stomach.

Why am I taking you down this rather embarrassing stroll down memory lane?  Breakfast.  Remember yesterday I said that I was actually going to attempt to prepare a Dtour Diet recipe called Mango-Ginger Smoothie this morning?  It was Chocolate Chicken revisited!  The Boy had the first sip, I didn't see it, but rumor has it that his face was awful (or hysterical) and he quickly set his glass downI had paused to grab a spoon as it looked rather thick.  I dipped my spoon in, took a taste, and thought I had I was going to loose the contents of my stomach!  It was vile!

The Boy looked at me, smiled and said, "It's Chocolate Chicken all over again Mom."  We walked back into the kitchen, poured the contents of our glasses down the drain and reached for the peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment