Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Morning After

Guess what!  The sun came up this morning!  Well, sort of, there was sun under a bunch of fog, but you get the idea.  So, as much as I like to think I am the center of the universe, when I make a mistake, the world does NOT come to an end.

Hallelujah!  Being the center of the universe is way more pressure than I want!

I was proud of myself this morning.  I woke up, promised myself I was going to keep my word and not beat myself up for 'falling off the wagon' yesterday and went down to get my coffee.  Coffee was followed by a breakfast that was on plan.  Lunch was left over Hippy Dinner; it is one of those meals that is better the day after by the way; sans the cupcake.  Dinner consisted of our modified homemade pizza.  

I made it back on plan with no real bump in my road.  I didn't even really think about it; it just came naturally to me!  How awesome is that!  

This weekend it is back to doing a whole week grocery shopping and meal prep for the week, I can do this, I can stay on track even when I make a mistake.

Tomorrow I'm even being brave enough to attempt a new recipe at breakfast,  Ginger-Mango Smoothie.  Understand that this takes great will and effort; I am NOT a morning person. 

The coffee pot is on a timer.  Hubby, bless his heart, sets it up the night before so when I come down in the morning the coffee is good to go.  This is less of a loving gesture than plain old self-defense!  But, since he is a wonderful husband, we call it love.

3 comments:

  1. Falling off feels like a good time to beat up on ourselves, but really it is the worst time to. Katie, been there done that (this week as a matter of fact)but like you I am working on just picking myself up and dusting off and getting back on track. We are worth it. we are loved!
    later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are! I don't know about you, but this is the a new revelation for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find I keep forgetting and have to remind myself often. Some day it will sink in.

    ReplyDelete