Friday, June 4, 2010

Rewards

I think I've been doing really well lately (I'm going to attempt not to break my arm patting myself on the back).  I'm sticking to my eating plan pretty well.  Walking, biking, and gardening have been on the plan, as has a daily found with the hula-hoop.  I am even attempting to maintain a positive attitude (and believe me, that has been a challenge lately!)

This is hard work!  I think I deserve a treat . . .oh wait a minute.  Treats are sort of off the table aren't they.  The term treat will have to have a new definition.  I guess it can no longer refer to anything edible.  Okay, we can regroup.  What sort of non-edible treats can I have?


My best friend got me a pedicure for my birthday, that was such a wonderful indulgent treat.  (And a wonderful gift for the diabetic in your life!) I now have really cute pink toes!

I've been thinking long and hard about the treats I can give myself as rewards.  Remember I said I was really a perennial 10 year old?  Well, you have to reward children to modify their behavior.  So here is what I have come up with
  • A new book.  I can always be bought with a new book.  A trip to a bookstore for a long look is even better.
  • A movie!  Who doesn't like to go to a movie - skip the popcorn though.  The crunching detracts from the plot anyway!
  • Now that I've gotten into the walking thing, a walk in the woods or a stroll by the river with my friends or family would be an awesome treat.
  • A gas station rose.  Alright, I know it sounds weird; but when hubby and I were first together he used to bring me single roses from the gas station as a way to tell me he loved me.  Now every once in awhile, I still get one.  I think they are the best!
  • A foot rub - now, there is a real treat for you!  And if your lucky, it leads into and entirely different sort of treat (he he he).
  • An evening of cards and fun with friends.
  • A book.  I love books!  A trip to a bookstore is even better!
  • Spending an entire day with your family doing absolutely nothing!
Think about it.  It's hard to think of rewards for yourself that do not involve food.  If anyone can come up with any let me know, I'm always looking!

Where did that hula-hoop go?

1 comment:

  1. I think you got a good list going there, but how about a book or a trip to a bookstore?
    Back and shoulder rub
    Window shopping at the mall (walking)
    Sitting on the porch swing or one at the park
    A nice long soak in the tub with candels
    A book or spend the day at the library. . . .

    ReplyDelete