Friday, June 18, 2010

Hubby and Katie go to the Health food store.

Alright, here is my pitch for a new reality show.  Katie and Hubby to go the Health Food Store.   It would be one of the funniest program anyone has ever seen.  Here is how I know:

After work yesterday, Hubby picked me up and I suggested that we stop and explore the health food store down the road from where I work.  It is larger than the one in our small town and I thought perhaps it would have somethings that we wanted to try that we had thus far been unable to find.

Never . . .never . . .never in my life had I ever imagined that I would have a good time, no, I take that back, I had FUN in a health food store!  

There we were, going up and down the isles, I kept grabbing packages of weird looking things and saying "Let's try this!  This sounds weird, we should try it!"  Somehow, hubby did not look in any way as enthused with this as I was.

He didn't get excited until he found the 'make your own peanut-butter' machine.  (Note:  hubby doesn't like peanut-butter!)  It also makes almond butter and pretty much butter out of any sort of nut you wanted to stick into it.  I went in another direction before he decided to experiment!

Then we found "THE CASE"  the Izzy case.  This store has an entire cold case devoted to Izzy's.  We love Izzy.  (For those of you that don't know, and Izzy is a sparkling juice that is WAY better than any soda you have ever had!)  I looked at hubby and he had this look on his face like the clouds had parted and sunbeams were shining on the case  Oh yeah, and let's not forget the choir of angels.

We were like two little kids.  The employees were looking at us like we were lunatics (they were not necessarily wrong).  Of course, then we came to the tea isle.  My turn with the clouds, sunbeams, and choir.

We came home with some pasta made from Quinoa, some of the best sauce I have ever had and some boca Italian meatballs.  It was AWESOME!!

Another lesson learned.  Stepping outside your comfort zone can be fun!  Not to mention entertaining to others who may be watching.

2 comments:

  1. Plainwell's Meijer has a pretty good variety of boca / morningstar farms veggie burgers. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but do they have a make your own peanut butter machine and a case full of Izzies?

    ReplyDelete