Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crisis - We are now in Crisis mode!!!!

There was no blog yesterday as I had a small family emergency.  Did you ever read the children's book:
 " Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"?
 It is the story of a little boy who gets up in the morning and everything that could possibly go wrong, does.  The boy had one of those yesterday, and on the very last day of school.  I felt that emergency measures were called for.  We called for an amnesty to our diet, went to dinner and to Barnes and Nobel (a sure way to cheer up anyone in this family).

Okay, I was a bit naughty at dinner, we ordered spinach & artichoke dip (we all know I can't resist them artichokes!), and I ordered a french dip sandwich, that came with fries.  Before anyone begins yelling  - I DIDN'T EAT ANY FRIES!!!!  I brought home 1/2 of the sandwich and all of the fries for Hubby to eat when he got out of work.  I didn't think I did too bad.

This morning, because I was feeling horribly guilty, I got onto the scale to prove to myself that I was fine.  Do you want to know how fine I was?
+3 POUNDS!!!!!!
 I thought I was going to hyperventilate!  That is the furthest thing from alright I have ever seen!  How on earth did THAT happen?!  I was not that naughty!!!

I went into a full fledged freak-out - Thank Goodness no one else was there to see me fall apart.  I tried blaming the scale, the air (it was really muggy, the air must weigh extra, right?), my toe nail polish (that must add some weight!),  everything and anything I could think of.  During the course of my rant, I lifted my head and came face to face with the weaselly little culprit. . . why oh why did we put a mirror right there?

I have spent the day trying to calm down, I'm not quite there yet.  I have to come up with a plan.  I am not a quitter.  I can not fail at this!  This is too important.  I REFUSE to go backwards.  There must be a fix!  I know there is!  I am not a yo-yo and I cannot allow myself to become one.

I have to recapture my momentum.  I need to get off this plateau by climbing down the weight ladder, not up!  Up is bad!
Think, Katie, think . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment