Friday, June 25, 2010

Mega Smoothie

Today was crash day.  You know, one of those days when days and days, in this case, weeks, of stress catch up with you and you sort of . . .crash.

I kinda fell apart in Meijer today.  I found myself standing in the middle in the middle of a grocery isle and suddenly couldn't remember what I was supposed to be getting or why I was even there.  I wanted to burst into tears for no reason.  I think I was on emotional overload.  Then of course, I lost the car in the parking lot.

By the time I made it home, I realized I only had half of the ingredients that I needed for dinner.  I was ready to give up.

A few months ago this would have meant a trip to McDonalds, Burger King or some other evil Fast food restaurant.   Tonight, I pulled out the blender and began to throw smoothie ingredients into it.  

I will admit that I went a little overboard, I started throwing pretty much anything I could get my hands on into the mix.  I started singing and giggling as I was tossing things merrily into the whirling little machine.  I told you emotional overload.

However, it was the best smoothie I have made to date!  I was freaking awesome!  Now if only I could remember what I put in it!

I'm making progress and am really proud of myself for staying on the straight and narrow when things got rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment