Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Problems

Today was one of those days, you know we've all had them, the days when you wish you had just stayed in bed and never even lifted your head off the pillow.  Things just went from bad to worse.  Surgery for the boy is $1200 more than we were originally told, the van died, and there is no "extra" money for a down payment at the moment because we have to come up with $1200.  We all have issues like that.  Some dude invented money because he wanted a way to make everyone else on earth crazy!

Then I went to get my hair trimmed.  I haven't been since I started this journey as I have been trying to grow my hair out.  My stylist (who is a darling!) asked me what was new and what I had been up to.

Suddenly I felt excited and bubbly!  I began to tell her about our new eating and exercise plan and the blog and how much better we were all feeling.  As we were talking, and I was answering her questions about the Dtour Diet, my mood began to lift.  She seemed really interested and asked really detailed questions so I was able to give her a good overview of what Dtour was all about.

Money problems, work problems, stupid people problems, political problems, problems, problems, problems.  These will always be with us.  What I learned today is that what I eat, I'm not kidding, what I eat, affects how I react to the problems of the day.

A year ago, I would have done a fabulous Myron imitation and stomped around, slammed cupboard doors, blamed everyone else, and made myself so crazy that I would have immobilized myself and been unable to find any kind of solution.

Today, I came home, sat down, thought for awhile, discussed the situation with my mom, made some phone calls to the surgeons office and started to formulate a plan.  We now have a short term and a long term plan.


Take that Myron!  


Who would have thought, that changing your diet could change even the way you think and even react to situations.  The human body is a weird thing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment