Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Downside of Weightloss

Driving home this evening I passed an old friend (now foe), the Dairy Freeze.  There it sat, just as it always has brightly painted picnic tables, happy faced ice-cream cone on the lit up sign, just waiting to welcome me back.  I sighed a little as we drove passed, and as I turned my head I had a horrible thought.

Is there an economic fallout to my new lifestyle?  Is the Dairy Freeze in danger of closing it's little glass windows without my patronage?  I hadn't thought of that?  Am I perhaps putting cute little teenage girls out of a summer job because I'm not eating my once-nightly ice-cream from the Dairy Freeze?  Think about it?  The economic future of these poor fresh faced children could be on my head!  I really must figure this out!  I mean really!  If people are going to lose their jobs, I may HAVE to start eating ice-cream again, right?  I wouldn't want to be single-handedly responsible for shutting down yet one more industry in Michigan!  (Give me time and I can rationalize anything!)

I got home and grabbed the calculator and began to do some serious figuring.  Last year, I averaged 4-5 cones dipped in chocolate per week.  This was roughly $35.00 per week.  Their season begins in late April-early May and ends sometime in late NovemberUsing these numbers, I was able to glean that I spent approximately $945.00 at the Dairy Freeze last year 

Did anyone else just have to put their eyes back in their head?  That was almost as frightening as a smoker figuring out how much they spend on cigarettes!  I'm shocked!  I'm appalled!  I'm flabbergasted.  
I PAID $945.00 PER YEAR FOR MY THIGHS!
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!  
YOU CAN TAKE THE THIGHS TOO!!
Okay, so one little teenager is out of work at the Dairy Freeze.  She can go down to the Health Food store in town.  I hear that their business has picked up this year!

So what did we learn from this evening's lesson?  I paid way too much for my thunder thighs, and while I may have caused a small economic pinch for the Dairy Freeze, the Health Food store is experiencing a healthy third quarter thanks to me and my ever thinning legs, and stomach, and hips, and . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you think.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually figured out how much the guys spend on their "little vice" of soda. But because I love them, left it out. Let's just say, it is significantly more than my thighs cost! :)

    How are you doing Tara? Keep up the work. We cannot let the Myrons and Couch Potatos of the world get to us. We are doing this for us, because we deserve it!

    ReplyDelete