Monday, June 28, 2010

My new favorite toy!!

Okay, here I am, day two of my caffeine detox.  Does anyone have any coffee?  Anyone?  Please?  Just a sip?  At this point, I'd even go for a whiff of succulent brew.

Alright, enough about my favorite drug.  Let me tell you about my new toy.  My wonderful friend Arlene loaned me her juicer to use during my "boot camp" experience.  It is also coming in handy during The Boy's recovery.

Anyway, this evening I got brave and decided to juice veggies for the first time.  Fruit is one thing, but veggies have always terrified me in juice form.  I don't know why.  It just seems to me that they belong stuffed in a napkin or hidden under mashed potatoes or something of that ilk.

So anyway, I grabbed some veggies and began to throw them into the juicer.  Have you ever played with a juicer?  Best adult kitchen toy EVER!!!  It like makes this really cool noise, and then spits juice out one end and really pretty mushy stuff out the other end!

It tasted really good!  Well I thought so.  I think I'm pretty much the only one.  Mom looked rather disgusted and The Boy apologized for not liking it  (he bailed!).   That's okay, it was more for me!

I have decided that the juice machine is my new best friend!  You gotta try it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment