Thursday, November 11, 2010

Who Comes Up With This Stuff??

So, I was cruising around the Prevention Website (I know, weird, right?) and came across a study about Exercise.
I need to motivate myself, so I clicked on the link (you can too!) and started to read.  As I'm reading along I started to wonder who comes up with this stuff and exactly how qualified are they?
 
Here's what I mean; direct quote from the article:
4. Feel Sexy at Any Size
A good workout practically ensures a better body image. A Pennsylvania State University study found that women ages 42 to 58 felt more attractive after 4 months of walking or yoga even if they didn't lose weight. Exercise can also put you in the mood for love by increasing blood flow to the genitals. University of Washington research found that just one 20-minute cycling workout enhanced sexual arousal up to 169% in women. And the benefits stand the test of time: A Harvard study of swimmers found that those over age 60 were as satisfied sexually as those decades younger.

Do this Try 20 minutes of aerobics before a romantic evening. To feel good naked anytime, walk or do yoga daily.  
 Are they kidding?  I mean seriously who are they trying to fool?  If I worked steadily for  4 months and didn't lose any weight, I would feel murderous, not amorous!

Then I started reading a little closer.  Did anyone else notice that the study was done at a University?  And who, pray tell, handles all of the research at a University?  Students, little bippy, young co-eds!  Now, I ask you, what would a 20 something know about how a more mature (over 20 something) woman would feel about her body image during sex?

And what scale are they using when they arrived at and increase in sexual arousal of 169%?  Was the control group housed in a nursing home or a cemetery?

Have they lost their minds?  Or are they really that desperate for a new way to attempt to motivate us?

Maybe next time, they could have actual adults do the study, that might help!

1 comment: