Monday, November 15, 2010

Manic Monday

Did you ever have one of those days when you feel like you should have just stayed in bed?  Yeah, most of mine are on Monday too.  Today was a particularly brutal Manic Monday.

The day started out well enough, until I got out of bed.  See, I think that was my mistake.  Things might have been different if I would have simply covered my head up and went back to sleep.  Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

I couldn't find my shampoo, the clothes I wanted to wear were no where to be found and the cat stole my glasses!  That was before I even left the house.  My car was low on gas and I had to stop at the grocery store to get something for lunch.

Do you know that our neighborhood market has an incredibly good bakery?  Not only that, you have to go through the bakery to get to the produce section.  I think that people who write diet books also design grocery store layouts.  Why else would you have to walk past all the yummy sweets to get to the veggies?  It's an evil plan to keep the diet book people in business!  I'm sure of it.

The morning at work was a disaster, inferior only to lunch.  The bag of lettuce that I had purchased was rotten in the middle and the cut veggies I had wanted to put in it were all smelly and slimy.  Wow!  Was I glad that I stopped at the grocery store!

So then I had to go out and get something.  While I was out, I considered heading on home and bagging the rest of the day.  Sadly, I went back and had an afternoon that was like the morning.

I arrived home to an unfortunate letter from the IRS.

It was at this point that I stared to beg for cake and ice cream!  I hate when I am struck by the emotional eating monster!  I hate that guy; I think he is related to Myron!

So, now, I am off to bed; migraine medication running through my system. I just hope tomorrow is better!  Another day like today and I may be dining at McDonald's!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry... stay strong! what does the irs want??? we got a letter for Chase from them, scared me too! but it said he needed to apply for the tax preparer license thing. hope tomorrow is better. ~a

    ReplyDelete