Thursday, November 18, 2010

More thoughts on Emotional Eating

Yeah, yeah, I don't want to beat a dead horse either, but I really do have some more thoughts on this emotional eating thing.  My brain started playing matching games today.  What do I mean by that?

Horrible day at work = cake
Emotional stress brought on by obnoxious teenager = ice cream
Migraine = chocolate
Fight with the husband and I need to be making some chocolate mousse.  
(Good thing we don't fight that often!)

I thought it was going to stop there, until I was reminded that naughty sugars come in liquid form as well.

A full week of Monday's at work = vodka
Arguing with my family = rum and coke
Flat tire and other car trouble = Bring on the Long Island Ice Tea!
Think about it.  Do you have certain foods you go to when you are stressed or upset?  I mean come on, remember when a bad breakup called for lots of Godiva chocolate and a Ben and Jerry sampler platter?

I used to think that Myron was a screaming little demon, I'm starting to think that he is really a badly disguised M&M and Couch Potato is his nutty little friend!

That is their new plan!  Keep me reaching for those evil little treats when I am upset and the weight stays on.

How do we combat this?  I'm still trying to figure it out.  Let me know if anyone thinks of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment