Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holiday Deliema

Did you know that Thanksgiving is next week?  Did that come up fast or what?

This will be my first Thanksgiving on the new plan, I must admit I'm a little nervous.

I love to cook!  Thanksgiving is actually one of my most favorite days because I get to spend it in the kitchen making a big, beautiful meal with everyone's favorites.  I was worried that would not be possible this year.

Wrong!  What was I thinking?  I'm a resourceful girl and I have my handy-dandy go to websites to fall back on.  Dlife and Diabetic Living Online would never let me down!

I found this amazing recipe for turkey, it's called Herbed Lemon Turkey with wild mushroom gravy.  Does that sound wonderful or what? 

Then there's the potatoes.  Does Three Cheese Whipped Potatoes sound good?  They have Loaded with ricotta, cottage, and Gorgonzola cheeses.  The kids will never know the difference.  The most awesome thing about this recipe is that it is only one carb choice!

I'm still a little a little stuck on the desserts.  They are going to be a bit difficult, but I'm sure I can persevere. 

Do you think they will all know that they will be eating a Totally Diabetic Thanksgiving?  Here is my new holiday meal motto:  "What they don't know won't hurt them!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment