Sunday, November 28, 2010

Torture

The true meaning of torture:  Making it through the holidays while maintaining or (hopefully) losing weight.

Seriously, has anyone ever really  been able to resist their old family favorites?  Let's face it, the rest of the world is not going to stop making the wonderful goodies of the holiday's just because you aren't able to indulge.  (I realize that we all think we are the center of the universe, unfortunately that is not true!)

Come on, who needs water-boarding when you can just waive amazing Christmas cookies under someones nose and then set the plate in front of them!

Why am I on this bizarre little rant?  Today is Sunday.  If it's Sunday, it must be weigh in day!  I actually think I did pretty well.  I am a 1/2 lb. down.  Not fabulous; but not horrible either.  Let's face it, if it were any other time of year, I'd be having a little "Beat on Katie" party.  But, as it is the weekend after Thanksgiving, I am going to give myself points for not gaining 5 lbs on Thursday alone!

So, how do we do it?  Is it even possible to maintain or lose from the fourth Thursday of November to January 2nd?  Yeah, I know, all the weight loss sites are extolling the virtues of staying on their plans through the holidays.

There are all those little tips and tricks that everyone says will help.  I even read a article on CNN this morning on 'healthy mall food' (isn't that a crock!)

I made it through the first one okay.  Perhaps what I will have to do is picture Myron and Couch Potato behind every plate of cookies and dish of pretty candy.

Will power.  That is the only thing that is going to work, sheer willpower.  Do I have enough?  Does anyone?

We are about to find out!  Bring on the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. sometimes you might need to compare holiday eating to LAST years holiday eating, as opposed to your strict target. (or am I the voice of Myron?)
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right! See, it's all in your point of view. I'm very lucky to have wonderful people around to remind me of that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete