Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Special Reminder

Seventeen years ago today, I married the love of my life; my wonderful husband.  The wedding was small, outdoors and as unique as hubby and I are.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.  We were married in the middle of the burn area the week after the Malibu fire of 1993.  The smell of smoke was still hanging faintly in the air yet there were green shoots already poking their way through the charred landscape around us.

Little did we realize, that image would serve as the theme for our lives together.  We have had more than our share of tough times and horrid incidents occur; yet, no matter what has happened, we stand together and emerge stronger; just as those tender green shoots poked their way through the blackened vegetation.

Days like these remind me, yet again, the importance of what I am doing.  They are the very reason I am on this journey.  I want to be around for my 34th anniversary.  The only way to ensure that happens is to continue down the path that I am on.

No amount of sweet treats, or greasy food is as special and wonderful as my husband and family are.

Money is tight this week (no surprise there).  I can't buy the gift for my amazing husband, that I was hoping for.

But maybe the best and most heartfelt gift I can give him is the next 17 years.  I can continue to walk the path that I am on, knowing that each step along the way means another year with my husband.

Yes, that is it.  That will be my gift to him.  Happy Anniversary, my love.  I am doing my best to bring Forever and a Day to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment